Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dukoral

Okay so I am sitting here forcing myself to drink a HUGE glass of water with the Dukoral vaccine dissolved into it.

What is Dukoral? Well I copied and pasted the information below.

This medication belongs to the class of medications called vaccines. It is used to help prevent travellers' diarrhea caused by enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) and cholera in adults and children 2 years of age and older. It is recommended for people traveling to areas with a high risk of cholera or travellers' diarrhea.

This vaccine cost me 80.00 for the two doses. You take one 3 weeks before departure and the 2nd dose 1 week before departure. You pour into a full glass of water along with some little white crystals that come in another package I guess this helps the vaccine and it says the crystals are flavoured with Raspberry... so I though okay this can't be too bad and it smelled pretty good when I was mixing it.
Well if Raspberries taste like shit then I guess Dukoral tastes like raspberries!
It is truly the MOST DISGUSTING thing I have ever had to drink an ENTIRE glass of.... I hate it and it was 80 bucks so I better not get sick on my damn trip after drinking this crap!

In 2 weeks I have to drink a second glass... ugg....

1 comment:

Ron said...

I've been prescribed this before, but I didn't take it because I was afraid of constipation. I guess it's better than getting the runs...tell me if it works!

While travelling, just eat lots of rice, bananna's and starch...you should be fine.